Free PDF download program for the Firefox browser
- Category Add-ons
- Program license Free
- Version for Firefox per Firefox 184.108.40.206.1
- Size 164.50 kB
- Works under: Windows Vista / Windows 98 / Windows XP / Windows NT / Windows 8 / Windows ME / Windows 7 / Windows 98 SE / Windows 2003 / Windows 2000
- Program available in English
- Program by Nitro PDF Software
PDF Download for Firefox cuts down on the amount of time it takes to read PDF documents and lets you read those documents right in your Firefox browser window.
If you ever attempted to view a PDF document online without an updated version of Adobe, you know that accomplishing this task is almost impossible. Your browser will bring up a new window that asks you how you want to view the file. If you do not have a PDF viewing program on your computer, Firefox will instead ask if you want to save that file. You'll then need to visit yet another website, upload the saved file and wait until the page loads on your screen. PDF Download for Firefox now lets you view those documents almost instantly online.
A common problem that many have with Firefox is that the browser crashes when it tries to open one of these files. This is especially common for those who leave multiple tabs open at the same time. Once the browser crashes, you need to reload it and hope that Firefox remembered the name of that site. PDF Download for Firefox cuts down on browser crashes and helps you view PDF documents.
This simple tool lets you decide which program you want to use to open PDF documents. You can stick with the default option available on Firefox, select the default viewer from your computer or select a different program. It also lets you change how those documents open. This tool will open the document in the same tab that you have open, open the file in a new tab or open the document in a new window. This gives you control over how you see PDF files and keeps those documents from interfering with other tabs you have open.
While PDF Download for Firefox is a handy tool, it doesn't really deliver many features. You'll still need a program dedicated to opening PDF documents, which means you need to pay for Adobe products or find a free product. The tool then requires that you change the settings to open files via that program. It also limits the changes that you can make to those files once you open one. If you need to edit PDF documents, you need a different tool. PDF Download for Firefox just changes the way you download, open and view online PDF files.
- Lets you choose which program to use when opening PDF documents in Firefox
- Can convert PDF files to HTML files for easy viewing
- Includes three ways to view PDF documents online
- Allows for online viewing with the right PDF viewing program
- Has a clean and modern interface that is easy to use
- Can still make Firefox crash when opening a PDF document
- Limits changes you can make to those documents
- Does not support editing of PDF files